Monday 22 January 2007

Cyfieithu o'r Saesneg

JIMMY [seeing Old Mahon]: Will you look what’s come in? [They all drop Christy and run left.]

CHRISTY [scrambling on his knees face to face with Old Mahon]: Are you coming to be killed a third time, or what ails you now?

MAHON: For what is it they have you tied?

CHRISTY: They’re taking me to the peelers to have me hanged for slaying you.

MICHAEL [apologetically]: It is the will of God that all should guard their little cabins from the treachery of law, and what would my daughter be doing if I was ruined or was hanged itself?

MAHON: [grimly, loosening Christy]: It’s little I care if you put a bag on her back, and went picking cockles till the hour of death; but my son and myself will be going our own way, and we’ll have great times from this out telling stories of the villainy of Mayo, and the fools is here. [To Christy, who is free] Come on now.

CHRISTY: Go with you, is it? I will then, like a gallant captain with his heathen slave. Go on now and I’ll see you from this day stewing my oatmeal and washing my spuds, for I’m master of all fights from now. [Pushing Mahon.] Go on, I’m saying.

MAHON: Is it me?

CHRISTY: Not a word out of you. Go on from this.

MAHON [walking out and looking back at Christy over his shoulder]: Glory be to God! [With a broad smile.] I am crazy again. [Goes.]

CHRISTY: Ten thousand blessings upon all that’s here, for you’ve turned me a likely gaffer in the end of all, the way I’ll go romancing through a romping lifetime from this hour to the dawning of the judgement day. [He goes out.]

MICHAEL: By the will of God, we’ll have peace now for our drinks. Will you draw the porter, Pegeen?

SHAWN [going up to her]: It’s a miracle Father Reilly can wed us in the end of all, and we’ll have none to trouble us when his vicious bite is healed.

PEGEEN [hitting him a box on the ear]: Quit my sight. [Putting her shawl over her head and breaking out into wild lamentations] Oh, my grief, I’ve lost him surely. I’ve lost the only Playboy of the Western World.

No comments: